Monday, March 22, 2010

I found a wedding dress :D

If the title doesn't tell it all.... I finally bought a wedding dress that I love! Wedding dress shopping for me was exciting but also hard because I don't think wedding dress makers had me in mind when they made their dresses. There is no middle ground between extremely elaborate and expensive to a 100 dollar gunny sack... I didn't want extremely fancy and I didn't want the so simple you might as well go to the store and wrap yourself in a piece of material and call it a day. All I wanted was a prom dress style but in white... unfortunately no one makes that. I tried on lots of dresses and the elaborate ones were really beautiful, however I felt like maizy bird in doctor suess' book. Having this huge train behind me felt like I couldn't walk and they squish you in them so tightly you can't breathe, I'm far to care free for that. When I told them I just didn't want a train all of them said well you can just get it altered and taken off..... uh.... why would I pay 500 dollars or more for a dress and then pay more to take off the part that costs the most?? It was rather sad. Luckily there's a little store in Logan called Petals and Promises where they are hands down the nicest, make you happy and have beautiful dresses that are very high quality for the price. I tried on lots there and finally found one I liked but I wasn't set on it. So I took a little hiatus from shopping until yesterday when my sister and I decided to just do an hour or so. We went to a different store, didn't like anything and I said lets go back to Petal and Promises so I can try that dress on one more time. When we got there they were closing in ten minutes but we decided to just run in and try it really quickly. Chels said I should try the one next to it on and I was a little leery because it looked too simple but I decided to try both. I put the new one and and really liked it, tried the original one and liked it too. I decided to try the new one back on and Chels said that's the one i just know it, and i decided yep I think so too lets just get it. Ultimate bonus..... on sale for 99 bucks! Its pretty and I finally found one that i feel like a princess in. It's simple and elegant but not too simple, I can move in it, and it I don't feel like I'm wearing a million yards of poof. I want to put pictures up but at the risk of Brandon seeing it I will refrain... 3 months and 29 days till I can wear it for real :D

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I want to see it! Perhaps you could e-mail it to me?

Chess said...

What she said! I would love to see it!

Unknown said...

I'm going to take pictures for mom and then I can email them out :) or when we come down on tomorrow maybe i can show you then jenny