I have a confession: I LOVE hockey!
The other night 2 of my roommates and I went to the USU V U of U hockey game and it was amazing. I was glued to the game, that rarely happens for me in sports. The best part about hockey is how everyone can enjoy it, there were kids, old people, girls dressed to the nines in high heels, students, middle aged, everyone was having a great time. I was even tempted to buy a hot dog or some of those sick cheesy nachos just because I felt its only appropriate at a hockey game (the health nut in me couldn't be subdued though). Hockey is such a great sport, i mean in the fact that it requires a LOT of skill. Not only do you have to have amazing skating skills,(i think people seriously underestimate the skating skill that it actually takes) you have to have coordination, team skills, and of course fighting/boxing skills. So not only do you have to play your sport but you've got to be able to pack a mean punch too. My favorite part of the night was this cute little old man sitting next to me. Every time a fight broke out, he would jump up and not cheer but just grin from ear to ear. It was so funny to me, i often think old people are really funny though. I liked how he was just smiling and having such a great time. So I'm sad I didn't go to more hockey games this year because they are all done now, but seriously, what a way to spend an evening :) I felt like a man with how much i was enjoying them fighting and slamming into the glass and skating and just everything. It was great :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hockey is the best. I've never gone to a college hockey game, but I've gone to see my Wild play. :) It's always more fun when the game is actually going somewhere and the crowd is into it.
Post a Comment