I made delicious honey glazed salmon tonight, it was wonderful. Thats not really what this blog is about though. I also made this cute little hat for my friend at work for her new baby she's having (please ignore Brandons creepy as all get out eye in the corner, i was too lazy to edit out his silliness) I'm excited to give it to her, the picture doesn't show it very well but thats not really what this blog is about either
This blog is about my Birthday which is tomorrow. It will be 10/10/10 and I will be 23. I have been excited about my birthday since the beginning of October, ok so maybe more but thats what I'm telling you. I love Birthdays for 3 reasons. 1. I get to have cake and hang out with my family(s now) and we all get to do something fun together. 2. its an entire day to celebrate yourself. I mean seriously what other holiday do you get that says congratulations you were born yay... really we should celebrate our parents because i sure didn't do anything to make that happen. anyway the 3rd reason is this
My glorious box of birthday chocolates from my sweet grandma and grandpa. One entire box of sees candy all to myself. We get one for every christmas and birthday. The birthday box however is the most special because you only get the ones of your choosing. Christmas time we get just a standard pre-made one by the lovely see's ladies but the birthday box is one all of your own. It's gotten even better since I live on my own because when we were little we sort of had to share it because everyone saw your yummy chocolate box and wanted some and of course you had to give everyone a bite. But now there's no one to fend off but roommates and now husband. I have already made it quite clear he is not allowed to have any unless I offer it to him. I know its so rude but really its my special box :) Luckily he doesn't like any of the ones i do anyway so it works out well. By the way taking a bite of a chocolate and putting it back is completely acceptable in my family. If you don't like it you do not waste it by throwing it away or something horrid like that.... no no you put it back in case someone else would like it. Yes I would say we all have some kind of chocolate mania.... it's terrible. We hoard them, we covet them, we even fight over them if someone even so much as thinks about taking a bite of your most precious favorite one, i even wrote on my box on more than one occasion "eat this and die" with a picture of a skull an crossbones so my roommates wouldn't touch them. I look forward to this every year. It's the only thing that I can eat all to myself and sometimes i even have 3 or 4 in one day. Oh the glory of walking in here
and then getting to choose from all this
Sometimes it's just too much to even handle thinking of the endless possibilities you could have in your special box. You want some now don't you..... ya I thought so.... So i'm going to go get one from my box right now, and enjoy it for you.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Mmmmmm... chocolate covered nuts and caramel. Yummy. I want some right now. Too bad my birthday isn't for nine more months...
Happy Birthday! So happy you were born!
Post a Comment