Monday, September 20, 2010
the theater
Brandon and I went to the theater tonight... properly pronounced the thee-eat-awr in case you were wondering. Brandon's informing me that doesn't look like i'm saying it so just imagine a haughty British person taking you out to the theater. ANYWAY we went to see the Scarlet Pimpernel. When I was a kid, my best friend and I loved this play/movie/book. We always quoted it and watched the movie etc. I loved it. When I saw an ad for it outside my work I immediately bought tickets. There are 2 types of people that go to the cache county ellen eccles theater, those that want to be there and purchase tickets that are closer up and more expensive, and those that have to be there, usually students in the USU class who purchase the worst seats or get stuck with the more expensive ones because they bought them too late.Since we get a student discount I bought the more expensive closer up ones because we wanted to be there. However, that also means we were sitting with the geriatrics and the few random young people. I love old people that go to the theater, they dress up in their best and enjoy it so much. I think that when I'm old I would like to be a theater goer, they look like they enjoy it so much and they have so many friends there. The old man sitting next to me smelled like very strong aftershave and he would fall asleep almost every number, wake up for the last few moments of the song and exclaim how wonderful the number was. It was quite entertaining. I think he genuinely meant it was wonderful, he just couldn't stay awake. Overall it was very fun and just happened to fall on our two month marriage anniversary. Sadly Brandon has a ton of homework so he was a little sad at how much he had waiting for him. It was so wonderful and I loved it. The main actors were incredible and I love the music from it. I'm very glad we went. Someday, I'm going to go when I'm old, and I'm going to get an awesome theater hat to wear in then take it off until after, you know like the kind that people wore to the theater back in the day..... something like this one. Ya, its gonna be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the story about the old guy next to you. Totally made me laugh out loud. I love the Scarlet Pimpernell!
I absolutly love to read your blogs. You are GREAT.
Post a Comment