

You know how some girls love kids, I mean Love them? That's never really been me. Despite the fact that I've worked with kids for 8 years of my life in various jobs I like them but I'm not one of those girls that just love them. I love kids that I know and since I've gotten older I've liked them more and more, especially now that I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew. These are them, somewhere over on the left side of the page because i can never get my pictures to work out right... Anyway I love all of them so much, they are so great. Seriously aren't they freaking cute?? Sorry I stole them off of your blogs sister in laws. So last weekend we went to the lake and Friday night to Saturday morning it was just Brandon, Jared, Kinley, Jay and I. Saturday morning I woke up pretty early with Kinley and I figured I'd hang out with her for a bit till the rest woke up. Side note, i'm pretty good with 4 and up year old kids but I don't have a lot of experience with younger because they weren't old enough to ski or go to school. So since it was morning I figured, she must need her diaper changed, don't all 2 and a half year olds pee at night? Well it wasn't really wet but I thought, I change my underwear every morning and it will probably be nice to have a fresh diaper and she might have only peed a little bit so I thought better get a new one... ya like I said, not a lot of experience, looking back this didn't seem to be the best choice. So I haven't actually changed a diaper in a really long time but I don't know how to tell a 2.5 year old her new aunt can't REALLY change diapers. I thought to my little self, it can't be that bad, just strap em in right? I put it on pretty tight because i didn't want any of that poop getting out and luckily i had the wherewithal to ask her how it felt when she eeked out, "its really tight." OOPS I just didn't want it falling off or anything so I adjusted accordingly, got her dressed in a really cute outfit and felt pretty proud of myself. I thought this isn't so bad, I can do this. Well about ten minutes later she peed which was probably when I should have changed the diaper the first time. So I got her out of her cute little outfit and went for round two, thinking it'll only be easier this time right? Well that's when I realized I put her diaper on backwards the first time. I didn't unwrap the whole thing before I took the old one off and didn't properly switch them out but miraculously she got into the thing, wiped off, not too tight or backwards and back into her cute little outfit. (Kayleen hopefully if you read this you're thinking how funny and not never come near my children again please :) That's when I thought (and think that lots of times), wow we'd really better wait a while to have kids because I kind of suck. Then later that day the rest of the crew arrived and I was holding Addy (the littlest girl) when she started falling asleep. I decided to take her up and put her on the bed to lay down. She looked up at me and giggled and smiled and sleepily closed her little eyes and it was the greatest moment. It made me think how great it will be to have that in my own little one to do that with and how cute it will be. But then again i just called my future baby it so I probably shouldn't have kids. I hope I miraculously learn all these things about kids and babies like no sunscreen until they're old enough, no this no that, seriously when do you learn all these things? I'm scared to death! It's a good thing we've decided to wait a while for children. In the mean time I guess I'll just have to keep loving my nieces and nephew and hope when the time comes for me to have children, I'll know.
1 comment:
Well, I have an 18 month old and I still have no idea what I'm doing. You just figure it out as you go. You'll be an amazing mothter Whit!No doubt about it. We learned from the best didn't we?
Post a Comment