Tuesday, August 3, 2010

what to do?

When Brandon and I were looking for a house we wanted a place with no pets so we didn't have to deal with them. Our house says no pets, yet still our neighbor has a dog. The landlord knows but he says as long as it stays outside its ok. Well as previously mentioned this little dog is super cute but he is terrible! He has no training, I'm not just talking he jumps on you, no this thing is an all holy terror! I can't even go in the yard because he jumps up on you and scratches you, digs at your feet (like legit he's digging on your feet as if it were a hole), rips up everything in sight including 4 of my plants, his blanket, digs holes everywhere HE'S TERRIBLE!!!! (not his fault, owners don't train him or pay attention to him) So after the garden incident brandon surprised me and built me this lovely little fence around it which I was so happy about. Well, doggy got a little bigger and is now either jumping over the fence or just pushing it in, i'm not quit sure and getting in again. I noticed this and thought I'd trick him by adding more chicken wire and making it taller. The entire time I was trying to put it up the fence the dog was jumping on me and scratching me so i thought I'd just tie him to his leash. Well he immediately started chewing at it and trying to break it (which he almost has) and wrapped himself around the pole so many times he almost choked himself. I don't know how he did it but his leash was in knots, i literally had to untie him and then unknot his leash HUH???? So I thought I'd outsmarted him but NO today there is another big whole in my garden, did he go underneath??

After much thought, and even writing my thoughts down in a note i decided to tell my neighbors a piece of my mind. I want to keep good relations with them as we share a yard so I thought of a very nice way to bring up that fact that the dude is a complete dumbass who can't take care of his dog. He seriously will go all day without water in the blazing hot 100 degree weather until i come home and give him some. I didn't really know how to tell him after only living here a 3 months (they've been here years) that its unfair and he should get rid of his dog. I don't want him to have to get rid of it i just want him to take care of it, clean up its poop and blanket shreddings, give him some love and attention and train it. So anyway I confidently walked over, speech in mind to politely tell him I hate his and his adorable little dogs guts. I gave a valiant effort which quickly backed into submission ending with me not eeking out more than is it my turn to mow the lawn and your dog never has water. Thats all I got out before he basically awkwardly brushed me off and shut the door. GRRRRRR I'm so mad I didn't say what I wanted but I just felt awkward and he's the kind of person that when your talking to them look like they're constantly thinking "is this conversation over yet?" I got so upset I reverted to listening to really loud angry music and cleaning. This is my productive anger release but it usually takes quite a bit to get me there. So I found a bunch of cinderblocks which I lined the inside of my fence with so hopefully he won't get underneath. So I have now wasted 2 hours (brandon another) building fences and a whole bunch of heartache over something i shouldn't have to deal with in the first place. What should I do? I'm too nice and I don't want to make him feel bad or have to get rid of his dog but I'm very upset. I tried to help him out and talk to him first before i went directly to the landlord but he's hard to talk to and he makes me nervous. Any ideas? Should i just be a jerk?

2 comments:

Chess said...

Yes! You must be a jerk. And then tell me how it's done. Because I don't know how to be one either! Haha. Good luck!

Sarah Jean said...

Print your post and hang it on the door. That tells a little about me doesn't it. Hit, run, and hide.