Friday, August 20, 2010

I caught my first fish!

The past weekend we went to Joes Valley with the in-laws. It was very fun (except for the whole getting sick for two days and then everyone else getting sick later). We got to go fishing and yes its true, i caught my first fish, and to top it off, it was with a pink pole. One time when I was a very little girl, I went fishing with my sister. Armed with my little minnie mouse fishing pole I was determined to snag a little fishy. No such luck. My sister caught a fish, so she ran ahead to tell everyone. I of course really wanted one and I did have a minnie mouse fishing pole, how could I not catch one. So in my little head I came up with a great story. I told everyone I caught one but she was pregnant so I nobly threw her back to save the baby fishies. Great story right?? Ya I thought everyone believed me too. Ever since that day I have wanted to catch a fish.

My first year of college my sister and I took a fly fishing class. We were pretty good so I thought surely I'd be able to catch a fish on our final day when we got to go out to a private ranch and fish. Once again my sister caught two fish and all I got was a tree and a few weeds, though this time I was old enough to realize no one would believe the prego fish story.... What was a girl to do?

Well this time armed with a pink pole, bound and determined I caught 4 fish! Yay. Then after a very fun happy day I got sick and the rest of the trip kind of sucked. The end. but at least I caught a fish. Oh and just for the record so everyone knows.... I held it.... yes me the squirmy animal holder who drops any animal that ends up in her hands, that barely can touch furry animals and never slimey ones, that flinches at dogs on the street... held a fish. Ok so he might have been in a towel but still... he moved and I didn't even drop him. Guess that tells you how desperate i was to finally catch a fish.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Where are all the pictures of you and your first fish? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see it. Please post!