Thursday, May 20, 2010

A place to live

Guess what??? Brandon and I found the cutest little apartment for us to rent! We had been casually looking for a few weeks and I started actively looking on Monday. Chelsea and I went to a few places but none of them seemed quite right. Then I called a place and started the usual quick just tell me something about it but he would have none of that. He stopped me, asked me where I was from, what I'm doing what our needs are, it was very refreshing. Chels and I did a drive by and I thought it was so cute. We went and met with them and they were the funniest couple from Price. I swear we could have told very nice Ruth Ellen that we murder cats and she would have thought it was wonderful and so exciting. I decided right then and there that I wanted it but I knew I had to show Brandon and hope that he liked it too. I was a little nervous because it was one of the first places we saw but I just thought it was so fun and unique. Fortunately, Brandon liked it too and we got very excited but they told us they had some other couples interested and that they would have to get back to us. We nervously waited, hoping they liked us very best. Finally we decided to just call them back and they told Brandon we were lucky we called because they had been trying to find his number but couldn't. So we went back and signed the lease and met our Idaho farm boy neighbor (one of three) who was going country dancing and certainly dressed the part. He seemed very nice, and the landlords (especially Ruth Ellen) spoke very highly of them. The house is a two story studio apartment with a yard, a place for a garden, mostly furnished, a huge bay window, lots of cupboard space, a little garage, and my favorite part, Sun yellow carpet! Its truly a sight to see but nothing a nice area rug won't fix :).  Long story short, we're very excited about our new little place and I get to move in next week, I will be sad to move in without Brandon though. I think when we're all moved in I'll take some pictures and post them, but I usually suck at doing that so we'll see :).

1 comment:

Chess said...

It sounds adorable! I'm glad you found something so quickly.