Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Once upon a time, I was very impatient

Once upon a time I was a happy little high schooler. Then something happened, My senior year hit and it was rough, I was very very over high school and i was very ready for college. (so i thought of course :) but really I was very past high school). I never had that problem before my senior year, I loved high school but then as soon as it became my last year and I was ready to move on I was done.

Once upon a time I left highschool and was a happy little college student. My grandma always gave me amazing advice for my single life which I took. She said "just enjoy this time, this is the only time in your life when you won't have anything to do but just be with yourself and look out for you." That's exactly what I did, I went to Guatemala, Peru, worked in Yellowstone and St. Thomas, I took cake decorating classes, violin, and held many different jobs I did lots of fun and crazy things and it was awesome!!! I'm very glad I took my Grandmas advice and I was patient. But then an amazing boy came into my life, and it was time to move on.

Once upon a time about 3 months ago I got engaged. I said I'd like to be engaged for about 5- 6 months so I could really enjoy my engagement time and prepare (grandmas advice still ringing in my ears) Well this is where I'd like to retract that statement, and where when Brandon said I told you so (he wanted a shorter one) I say yep you sure did and you were totally right. I feel like this is my senior year happening all over again. Not to say i didn't enjoy everything up until now but I'm ready to move on. I was still nervous and unsure of what marriage and engaged life would be like. I knew i wanted brandon but its still a big scary step so I thought I would need plenty of time to get ready. With 3 months left before we get married I'm going crazy with impatience, I really want to move onto the next phase and start my life with Brandon.
I took my time before i got married preparing so now that I have the right boy I don't want to wait and prepare. I always wondered if I would know when I was ready before because I didn't think I could ever give up my traveling fun loving ways, but it was because i didn't have the right guy and I wasn't ready. Now that I do, I'm not sad to move on from that life, I'm quite excited for new adventures.

Once upon a time sometime in the future, I'm sure I will look back on this time and think I'm glad we had a longer engagement to get to know each other better etc. But for right now I'm letting impatience win. I'm glad I did all my waiting and patience before I got engaged, now that I am, I would really like to be married. I know, I know, I will try to work on my impatience but when its right its right and I don't want to wait anymore. So please July 20 get here soon!! :)

4 comments:

Chess said...

I suppose that's why they tell you to date a long time, and have a super short engagement. Haha! I'm excited for you, girl! :-)

Jenny said...

I love how you tied everything together. That's the mark of a good writer :)

July 20th does seem far away but it will come up before you know it! Think of things in terms of small events and that might help-- graduation-nephew arriving-niece? arriving-fun showers for you-etc!

I remember feeling the same way when we were engaged (although ours was only 3 months) Instead of being super excited about the wedding (I still was excited:) I was mostly excited thinking about actually being married!

Sarah Jean said...

I can clear up any day in May or June.

Unknown said...

Ya Chess I should have listened to them haha. Thanks Jenny thats good advice. I'm excited for you shower coming up!! Your online pictures of your belly and shirt are so cute!