I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had. I think I could get used to luxury camping in a fifth wheel. Showers, bathroom, thermostats, and stoves (real stoves not small backpacking ones) are quite deluxe and nice. I also had a lot of fun four wheeling, I got scared a few times because lets face it, its dangerous and kind of scary especially when your hanging on for dear life to Brandon and nothing else. I feel a little bad that I kind of kept squealing at Brandon when I got scared. I did at least give him fair warning twice about not doing wheelies before I kidney punched him (in my defense I was given the go ahead from their family friend Paul and it really wasn't that hard). It was scary and crazy but overall it's pretty fun. I tried driving a few times but can definitely see I need some more practice. We'll take it one step at a time.
I found that I really like pretending I was in star wars. The helmets looked exactly like the ones in Dallas' star wars computer games when we were kids. All the sand dunes looked just like the ones they drive around on and I thought if i just had a light saber the journey would be complete. What can I say thats just the nerd in me. I felt a little like this:
Now just add even more to the face mask and you've got it. See why I pretended I was in Star Wars, Its quite fun.Overall it was a really great weekend. I made a few dumb moves with differences in food and families, at one point I blurted out "thats the weirdest thing I've ever seen anyone do." WHOOPS! I wish I could take that one back but I suppose everyone has a few moments like that entering into a new family. Its very scary trying to fit in and impress and adapt to other peoples way of doing things. I love it though and Brandon's family is SO GREAT! I think Brandon and I are both in a place where we are still connected to our families way of doing things, we still are in the place where we think our way is the right way and the other one is weird. As we actually get married and start to create our own family, I think it will be interesting to make our own traditions and way of doing things. It will be fun when we can change and adapt aspects from both of our families to start our family way of doing things. Hopefully there will be many more great family trips. I'm excited to take Brandon on a family trip of mine so that he can experience our way of doing things. I'm excited to get more and more comfortable with his family and to keep doing things together that we love. I guess I'm just excited for the future. I suppose the best way to deal with differences is just to laugh about it and realize that people are different and thats what makes everything so great. So thanks for a fun trip, and here's to many more. :)


1 comment:
um...you only said "thats the weirdest thing..." once? Are sure you were at the dunes with MY family, cause you should have accidently blurted that out at LEAST a few times! We're definitly a kooky bunch! I'm glad you had fun and I so wish I could have been there! I'm going to text you later and find out what exactly was so wierd, cause I'm really wanting to know!
Post a Comment