Friday, April 23, 2010

Logan Job Market

Dear Logan,
Your job market sucks!!! You pay for crap and you have no places to work. One example: a job listing that was about 25 lines worth of job requirements and descriptions including a 3-5 year commitment working a few weekends and nights with 2 years previous experience. The pay rate for this full time position with extensive requirements and in depth duties: 8 dollars an hour. Let me put that into perspective, 75 cents above minimum wage. I worked for more money than that in high school! I have noticed a trend in Logan that jobs require a bachelors degree and all these qualifications and then they expect to pay 7.50 or 8.00 an hour. The website where I found this job said the median for this position is 18 dollars an hour... that's more than double! Seriously Logan please get some better jobs and better opportunities. Thanks!

Love - Whitney

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Dear Whit,
Please send this letter (the one you wrote...not the one I am writing) to the HJ or something. I am in FULL agreement!
Love,
Michelle