I have a new friend. We work together. This friends is significant becaus i actually hang out with her. You see, I'm whats know as a bad friend. Unless your last name is streator, despain Brewerton(sisters married name) or Jenny Carman, I probably don't hang out with you. Even though i may really really like you as a friend, and I read your blog, see your facebook things etc, i sort of just don't hang out with anyone unless its my family. I also suck at going to social events, especially gatherings of girls events. It's not because I'm shy or anything, no no i have a motto, "I don't have enough time to spend it with the people I really like, so I'm not going to spend it with people i don't know or sort of like." That all falls into the "i'm a bad friend" clause. Thats just how I am. Anyway, I like my new friend and we've been going to a Zumba class on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It used to be kickboxing on Tuesdays which I loved but the teacher had surgery so right now its Zumba both nights. It's not really the best workout, but its fun. This is where the ballet part comes in. My new friend came to zumba in ballet shoes and it got me thinking, that would be a good idea. Its kind of hard to dance in sticky to the floor tennis shoes. So i bought some ballet shoes, these to be exact:
I love them. Turns out their not the best zumba shoes because it kind of hurts to jump around in them and they are a little bit too slippery, turns out they are meant for ballet and not for zumba, go figure. But I wear them anyway because I have a secret ambition to be a real live ballerina. Have you ever wanted a skill you don't have? Well for me it's ballet, I wish more than anything that i was a ballerina. I mean seriously have you ever seen anything as gorgeous as this?
The pink and the frills and the point shoes AH i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I wish i would have stuck with ballet when i was a kid, unfortunately i abandoned it for piano which i showed more talent in but who isn't bad a ballet when they are a kid, if i had stuck with it i bet i could have been good. I have many times since then tried to do ballet, however APPARENTLY no one above the age of ten shares my ambition to be a ballerina because every class i've tried to take is either canceled because lack of interest and not enough people in it or they just plain don't exist. Oh but one day i will be a ballerina, even if its just pretend, like right now i'm wearing my ballet shoes for no good reason, just because I'm a nerd. I also have a secret ambition to be an amazing ice skater. In that category i have been mildly successful, i at least have taken ice skating classes. But really what is ice skating besides ballet on ice? Maybe one day, i suppose i will continue to dream, envy all the real ballerinas, and pout about it while wearing my ballet slippers. And yes, I put them on and dance around the house when Brandon's gone. like i said, I'm a nerd :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment