Sunday, January 23, 2011

chili, legos and pummelos

This week at work we had a soup/chili cook off. It was way fun and we are probably going to do a new one every month with various items being cooked. I made a veggie chili and was in the top three way tie when the deciding vote allowed Lori's chicken tortilla soup to win. All of them were very very delicious. I was pretty happy i made it to the top three :) I just made it up and i've decided i really like throwing things together to see how it turns out. We'll see what happens next time.

Ever since the Streators pulled out the old legos months ago we have been hit with lego mania. We all got Legos for Christmas including mama and papa Streator (thanks to mama and papa Streator for the legos) Well i think Brandon and I have taken the lego mania to a new level. Yesterday we were in Salt Lake City after spending Friday with mama and papa Despain (we went to a delicious dinner in midway with them and had lots of fun doing puzzles etc) so we stopped at Target to take back a few items. Using some of our gift cards we bought some things we wanted. Half of the bill went towards legos. You know how a long time ago i wrote a post that the best thing about being married is you have someone who is just as weird as you are?? Well this is that exact instance. Who else beside Brandon would go and spend loads of money on legos with me, its perfect :) We bought these:
 
Its just so nice to sit down and watch a movie and build a cool little something. We have every intention of buying more and building up quite a collection :)

And lastly, I was at Lees the other night shopping and considering purchasing some oranges when this dude told me i had to try a pummelo. I took his advice after some consideration and bought one. He was quite right, they are delicious. They are kind of like a really big grapefruit but sweeter. And fun fact of the day, a tangelo is indeed not a mixture of a tangerine and an orange as i once thought but of a tangerine and and a pummelo. I don't recommend undergoing the journey of eating a pummelo alone. They are quite large and will require an assistant eater or to be eaten over the course of a few days. I also don't believe i cut into mine correctly so i suggest looking up how to eat one first which if i ever buy one again i certainly will do just that. I think they would be good on a salad because its not as bitter as grapefruit. Something to maybe be tried in the future :)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

You are so cute. Can you please post a picture of your lego creations? I'm super curious...

Sarah Jean said...

You post made me smile lots. You go girl. I love that you love legos.