we had a wonderful thanksgiving!!! We both took Friday off of work so we could spend Friday at my parents and thursday at Jay and Sarah's (PS Sarah, spell check tried to make me spell Sara but I know what's right). Both dinners were awesome and we had a ton of fun with family. I was telling Brandon how when I was younger I thought when holiday time came I would be very sad if we didn't get to spend it with my family or I wouldn't want to spend it with my in-laws at much but I realized that I was equally as excited to spend the holiday at either home :) It was a fun realization. Anyway thanks to both families for such a great holiday.
I put up our Christmas lights, so far I just have two connected strands up that go around the bathroom door and around the window. Ya, I know the bathroom door is not exactly the ideal place for Christmas decorations but when your entire house is the size of some people's living rooms and it's the only door frame besides the front door.... you take what you can get. I'm very excited to turn off all the lights, watch the snow out our huge window to the glow of our Christmas lights with a mug of hot chocolate snuggled up to my hubby.
I have started the inevitable never ending battle with Christmas music. I both hate and love Christmas music. I LOVE LOVE the classic Christmas music... like the original version of each one and only religious ones with a few ones that aren't religious. I really like Josh Groban Christmas, Mo-tab or just classics like silent night. I HATE HATE every awful remake of Christmas songs that they try to make cool by speeding it up and adding a few extra jingle bells here and there. Exhibit A "jingle ja jingle ja jingle jingle bells!!! Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh blah blah oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh, (Rapid tempo increase) Jingle jingle jingle bells!!!!" and so on, you know the kind. Seriously people that's not music, just because it has a Christmas theme doesn't mean its good or music and should be listened to. Anyway enough of that. Since I'm super opinionated and I always think i'm right, here are some christmas songs I enjoy, and some just freaking sweet videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE
I think maybe it's just because I love hard rock music so much I like this classical and rock mixture. Plus those Christmas lights are awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vNcGlM8O3I
This is just cool.
ok this one is pretty ridiculous. We used to listen to this in my highschool seminary class and then i found this ridiculous video to go with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5rOO2v2dU
This is my favorite christmas carol of all time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtz75NoSsEc
So there are a few of my style Christmas music. Happy Christmas month to everyone, now that it's after thanksgiving I will stop being a Grinch about it. :) I'm excited to put up a christmas tree and I might bring my piano upstairs so I can play Christmas Carols like I always do at home. If we do get one up I'll try to put up pictures.
In a last random note, i finished my scrapbook!!!! i have shown everyone i can possibly think of and I'm super proud of it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should be proud of your Scrapbook, it's wonderful. I love that you are now a part of our family. And thank you thank you thank you for spelling my name right.
I love Christmas music, pretty much any Christmas music, even really crappy re-makes of actual good songs. BUT... I completely respect your pickiness and I appreciate you posting your favorites on here for us. You're darling Whit!
Post a Comment