Wednesday, December 15, 2010

TA DA, Christmas!!!

Ever since I've started staying at work a little more in order to read during my lunch break, I've been worse at blogging. I've also been waiting till i finished my Christmas tree skirt so I could do one blog. I finished my Christmas tree skirt!!!! I put it up on our little baby tree complete with about ten ornaments. It's dinky and little but I think it's just the cutest thing ever! It's very fun having our first Christmas together :) I keep wondering what traditions we'll keep and what ones we'll start. I've been having a blast Christmas shopping for Brandon and everyone else... it's fun thinking of things Brandon will like, i got him some sweet presents... I hope he likes them :). We also got the most wonderful little nativity set from Jay and Sarah and I just LOVE it! It's so us :) Here are some pictures from our very first happy Christmas together.
Our Disney Land Honeymoon ornament
The cute little customizable ornament I found, I'm going to write our names on it
S for Streator, Could I get any  more lovey dovey ornaments??? :)
Hershey's kiss ornament, Brandon keeps wanting to eat them. I got a few more but I think I have enough pics of our ornaments
Our little nativity scene
Aren't those animals the cutest things you've ever seen?? I put them in the rafters :)
Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus with the animals in the rafter's watching over him :)
Our tree, ya it's about my height propped up in a stand, but hey it's fun
My Christmas tree skirt!! I'm so proud of it, i think it's very pretty
Trying to display it
Underneath the tree, i think it will be a good one that will go with any tree we decide to have. I'm very glad I made one, it was kind of hard but it will be fun later on to tell our kids I made it. So that's about all for our little Christmas. Other than that Brandon has been working a ton but hopefully it should end soon. I've been exhausting myself with little tasks all night to keep busy because I get sad when he's not here. I've been going to Kickboxing and Yoga on Tuesday nights and I LOVE it! I'm trying to start going to Zumba on Thursday nights but i keep having things come up on Thursdays. Brandon passed his GSEC test and I'm very proud of him! He's finally done with school for the semester so hopefully I can have him home at nights again very soon. Other than that we're very happy and well. I just can't believe how much fun being married to Brandon is. Everyone keeps saying that will change but I don't care/choose not to believe it, I think it's the best/most fun thing I've ever done and I hope it stays that way. Despite all the dishes, house cleaning, full time work, and all the crazy things that keep us busy I don't think I've ever been so happy. I love my job and I'm just so grateful for the Christmas season and all the many many blessings we have. I feel so lucky to have a good job, a happy little home, the love of Christ in my life, the gospel, my family and despite how  much I whine about it, I really do like my little nursery class. Watching them light up when they recognize a picture of Jesus and seeing them really start to actually sing the songs with us instead of just sit there is really fun. I still miss being able to go to relief society and gospel doctrine with Brandon but I'm starting to have fun in nursery. Last week one of the moms told us the only reason they came to church was because after the farewell they went to her little boy lit up and all he could say was "nursery? wanna go to nursery!" so they came late and everything and it made me realize that maybe this calling I have is pretty good after all. It usually takes me a little while to get going in callings that aren't playing the piano :) Oh I'm also in charge of planning a party at work... I hope I do well, don't want to get fired on my first one ;), we'll see how it goes on Friday :) That's about all for us, happy and well. Merry Christmas to everyone, I'll probably post some more pictures after Christmas.

2 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

What a great blog. I LOVE you tree skirt. It's beautiful. We love you too, so glad you are part of our family.

Brittany said...

Whit, don't believe what people say about marriage. It is the most fun thing ever. It's only been three and a half years for and Tyler and I still think I'm the luckiest woman in the world to have him. I promise you my parents still feel like marraige is the best thing ever and they've been together for 35 years. So happy that you're so happy! P.S. Love the tree skirt! You're so talented!