So after a million and a half posts about how excited I was to get married it finally happened. I know how cheesy this is but it was seriously so perfect. I couldn't have thought of a better day and in fact I didn't. I wasn't super duper into the whole wedding planning thing because thats just not me. I planned everything out and then just let the day happen and didn't worry about a thing. I think thats what made it so much fun. My poor family is probably saying ya thats the problem you didn't worry about anything and we had to do everything on that day but i guess you only get one wedding so I wanted to be a spoiled brat for a day. I tried very hard not to be the rest of the time. Anyway on the day of, my mom and I left for my grandmas at like 6:45 and our friend Jodi did my hair. That took a little longer than expected so I had to rush a little to the temple but made it at 9:05 on the dot. Brandon was very worried but I assured him it was just a hair malfunction, no hidden meaning. I never got nervous the entire time until we were on our way to the temple. I wouldn't say as much nervous as nervy/anxious and excited. Once we got in the temple it was like everything calmed down, it was just us and the Lord and the beautiful temple. Our sealing was wonderful and i was so excited to have so many supporters there. Since my parents couldn't come it was a little sad but seeing all of my family and Brandons family there made everything better. I think the temple was wonderful and the most peaceful part of the day. After the ceremony my sister helped me get all ready in my dress. I was so happy that when it was all said and done I chose my nice simple dress. The temple ladies were very excited and said they just loved seeing a dress that was so simple and pretty. I felt very complimented as I had tried so hard to find a dress that was simple, pretty and I could move in. After that we took forever long pictures in the blazing hot july sun. We took some pictures by the lion house and the awesome chef man ran us out a cookie :) Then we went to the luncheon and Gardener Village and it was delicious. It was nice to just have some time with our families and close friends. Then we took some more pictures and then headed up to the reception. Brandon and I beat everyone there and when we did we noticed there was no gift table set up and we started to get all nervous wondering what to do. Then we looked at each other and said, we should really wait for our moms to get here, they'll know what to do. Sure enough they did, the policy of being a spoiled brat and not doing anything worked out really well in this case. We took some rushed pictures and then started the reception which was a complete blast. The only sad thing was how short of time you had with people. You're seeing all of you favorite people and you get like 30 seconds to say hi and bye. It was a little sad but still very fun. Just an FYI that whole cake cutting thing is not as easy as it looks! We ended up only cutting this baby piece and not very well. Finally we were having so much fun we sort of had to be pushed out of the door. Everyone threw bird seed at us as we left which was fun but terrible to get out of the car, hair, dress and every possible hiding place. The whole drive over to park city the only thing we could talk about was how much fun we had had and how great the whole day was. Everyone says its such a whirlwind and you won't remember anything but i feel like the whole thing was great and relaxing and I remember a ton and lots of people who came so that was good. The next day we drove all the way to our hotel in california which was super nice. We told them it was our honeymoon so they put us on the "club level" we had to have a key to even access the floor on the elevator. Mostly I think they gave it to us because they had no king beds left but I like to pretend its like the movies where you say its your honeymoon and they upgrade you to the ultimate suite. Disneyland was SOOOOO much fun and we ended up just staying there the whole 5 days. We went home during the busy hours and usually just slept until we felt like going back to the park. We got a fun picture frame, a just married mickey christmas ornament, a mickey mouse pancake mold and my favorite, my bullseye horse from toy story. He's so stinkin cute. Ok so for some reason I can't get my picture to come down here so just refer to above, is that not the cutest thing ever! Anyway we finally left california and drove home what was going to be all in one day until we decided to take this awesome little detour to the hoover dam. Three hours, very upset, 7 dollars poorer, mad that we couldn't even see the visitors center unless we paid 16 dollars, very very hot, totally not worth it later we were back on our way. Since we got so behind we had to stay in Mesquite and finally made it back home on Tuesday at 4. We opened all of our presents and my gosh I can not believe how generous people are!!! We got many things and people were so kind! My favorites: awesomely sweet tv set from the Streators, (speaking of generous!) My kitchen aid!!!!, dishes, our surprise ice sculpture decoration for the reception from a neighbor and some very wonderful homemade/personalized gifts. So far we've just been unpacking things and organizing which is very tiring but still exciting. Its very nice to just live with Brandon and we're having lots of fun :) So sorry this is so long but thanks to everyone that made our great day happen and for all the generosity and fun! :)
Saturday, July 31, 2010
wedding day
So after a million and a half posts about how excited I was to get married it finally happened. I know how cheesy this is but it was seriously so perfect. I couldn't have thought of a better day and in fact I didn't. I wasn't super duper into the whole wedding planning thing because thats just not me. I planned everything out and then just let the day happen and didn't worry about a thing. I think thats what made it so much fun. My poor family is probably saying ya thats the problem you didn't worry about anything and we had to do everything on that day but i guess you only get one wedding so I wanted to be a spoiled brat for a day. I tried very hard not to be the rest of the time. Anyway on the day of, my mom and I left for my grandmas at like 6:45 and our friend Jodi did my hair. That took a little longer than expected so I had to rush a little to the temple but made it at 9:05 on the dot. Brandon was very worried but I assured him it was just a hair malfunction, no hidden meaning. I never got nervous the entire time until we were on our way to the temple. I wouldn't say as much nervous as nervy/anxious and excited. Once we got in the temple it was like everything calmed down, it was just us and the Lord and the beautiful temple. Our sealing was wonderful and i was so excited to have so many supporters there. Since my parents couldn't come it was a little sad but seeing all of my family and Brandons family there made everything better. I think the temple was wonderful and the most peaceful part of the day. After the ceremony my sister helped me get all ready in my dress. I was so happy that when it was all said and done I chose my nice simple dress. The temple ladies were very excited and said they just loved seeing a dress that was so simple and pretty. I felt very complimented as I had tried so hard to find a dress that was simple, pretty and I could move in. After that we took forever long pictures in the blazing hot july sun. We took some pictures by the lion house and the awesome chef man ran us out a cookie :) Then we went to the luncheon and Gardener Village and it was delicious. It was nice to just have some time with our families and close friends. Then we took some more pictures and then headed up to the reception. Brandon and I beat everyone there and when we did we noticed there was no gift table set up and we started to get all nervous wondering what to do. Then we looked at each other and said, we should really wait for our moms to get here, they'll know what to do. Sure enough they did, the policy of being a spoiled brat and not doing anything worked out really well in this case. We took some rushed pictures and then started the reception which was a complete blast. The only sad thing was how short of time you had with people. You're seeing all of you favorite people and you get like 30 seconds to say hi and bye. It was a little sad but still very fun. Just an FYI that whole cake cutting thing is not as easy as it looks! We ended up only cutting this baby piece and not very well. Finally we were having so much fun we sort of had to be pushed out of the door. Everyone threw bird seed at us as we left which was fun but terrible to get out of the car, hair, dress and every possible hiding place. The whole drive over to park city the only thing we could talk about was how much fun we had had and how great the whole day was. Everyone says its such a whirlwind and you won't remember anything but i feel like the whole thing was great and relaxing and I remember a ton and lots of people who came so that was good. The next day we drove all the way to our hotel in california which was super nice. We told them it was our honeymoon so they put us on the "club level" we had to have a key to even access the floor on the elevator. Mostly I think they gave it to us because they had no king beds left but I like to pretend its like the movies where you say its your honeymoon and they upgrade you to the ultimate suite. Disneyland was SOOOOO much fun and we ended up just staying there the whole 5 days. We went home during the busy hours and usually just slept until we felt like going back to the park. We got a fun picture frame, a just married mickey christmas ornament, a mickey mouse pancake mold and my favorite, my bullseye horse from toy story. He's so stinkin cute. Ok so for some reason I can't get my picture to come down here so just refer to above, is that not the cutest thing ever! Anyway we finally left california and drove home what was going to be all in one day until we decided to take this awesome little detour to the hoover dam. Three hours, very upset, 7 dollars poorer, mad that we couldn't even see the visitors center unless we paid 16 dollars, very very hot, totally not worth it later we were back on our way. Since we got so behind we had to stay in Mesquite and finally made it back home on Tuesday at 4. We opened all of our presents and my gosh I can not believe how generous people are!!! We got many things and people were so kind! My favorites: awesomely sweet tv set from the Streators, (speaking of generous!) My kitchen aid!!!!, dishes, our surprise ice sculpture decoration for the reception from a neighbor and some very wonderful homemade/personalized gifts. So far we've just been unpacking things and organizing which is very tiring but still exciting. Its very nice to just live with Brandon and we're having lots of fun :) So sorry this is so long but thanks to everyone that made our great day happen and for all the generosity and fun! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whit, I wish I could have been there. I felt the same way about my wedding as you did about yours. Practically perfect in every way. I'm so happy that you're happy. You are going to love married life! Congratulations!
That was a fun day and you were beautiful! So sorry about the birdseed in the car. Did not expect the car window to be rolled down. After you left your mom and I looked at each other like "Oh my gosh! oops!" anyway, it sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon! we're so excited for you and happy to have brandon part of the family!
I'm so glad you are officially a member of our family.
Whitney! I am Erica, step-neice by marriage to Jay and Sarah... (I think that's right!) Step cousin by marriage to Brandon... Ken and Becky's daughter in law... however you want to look at it! I hope it is okay that Becky shared your blog address with me. I loved hearing about your special day! Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys. We, unfortunately, could not make it to either your shower or the reception, but look forward to meeting you one of these days soon. We have heard such wonderful things :) Congratulations again!
Post a Comment