So last night I decided I didn't want to do any more gosh darn homework and I was going to make a real dinner. I couldn't decide what to make until I had the genius idea to make homemade chili! It took a very long time, and by the time I finally got to eat it I was worried I might famish but I survived to enjoy. It was pretty good, well at least it looked very pretty because I used 3 different colors of peppers and mixed that with some corn and it looked great! However it didn't taste very chilish, more like a vegetable soup. I put plenty of chili powder and Cumin (or gumin for Brandon) as well as peppers and jalapenos and onions and garlic but it just wasn't very flavorful. I decided to call my mom as one always does when a baking dilemma arises. She told me to add more salt and voila, that did the trick. It tastes much better!
So now that I have a gigantic tupperware full of my first attempt at chili I decided I'd better start eating it in mass quantities starting with dinner tonight. Everything was going very well as I was enjoying my chili until I got to the end and started to wash it all down with a big glass of milk. Oh the HORROR I faced when I realized I had a MAJOR problem. There was too much milk, my milk to chili taste was off!
Now if anyone knows me they know that there are a few essential foods that require milk, chili, spaghetti or any type of red sauce pasta, enchiladas, cookies and ANY thing chocolate or baked goods type things. Another thing about me is that the milk to food ratio is critical. There must be exactly enough milk to wash down the food taste but not too much to drown it out. Its like if you were to pour way too much milk in your cereal or have not enough and your eating too dry or too milky cereal. This is a major problem in my world
What exactly does one do in this situation, eat more chili... but then that would require more milk because the last bit was not enough for more chili and the vicious cycle will continue. I didn't want to dump it out because thats just sad. Inevitably I had to suck it up and grudgingly drink the extra milk. My chili experience ended rather sadly. Few people will understand this dilemma but for those that do like my brother..... I know you feel my pain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no... i forgot to try it today. Is there still some left?? I think milk is super important too. Except unlike you I basically just want as much as possible, then I'm happy. :) Hopefully next time I'll be around to take the leftover goodness off your hands for you.
Whit, this is your brother.
I know exactly how that goes. You had me rolling on the floor laughing. I had a glass of milk today and as I was eating my cookie I ran out of milk! Then I had to contemplate walking all the way downstairs to get more. I ended up eating the cookie with water. So lazy.
Don't even get me started about how to do with leftover chili. I can't eat it all! A few months ago I made some mashed potatoes and mixed in homemade pesto. I couldn't eat it all and I ended up freezing some of it in desperation and then guess what happens?
Jenny wanted to make some pasta with pesto the other day and she took out the frozen mashed potatoes which look green and poured them all over our pasta! we were wondering why the pesto flavor was so mild and why the pasta was so gummy!
Yuck! I wasn't about to throw potatoes away!
Anyway, the moral of the story is this blog post was hilarious. Give us more!
--your brother
Post a Comment