Thursday, July 28, 2011
a nice realization
I decided something tonight as I walked home from the library with a stack of books under one arm and reading a book in the other hand only looking up for crosswalks. I thought to my little self, I must look like such a dork right now. Then I thought to my little self you know what, I've been out of high school for 5 years, I'm married and I could care less what anyone thinks of me. I got straight A's in high school and straight A's in college, I spent most of my Saturday's as a child reading a book in bed, I like watching documentaries and I spend a good chunk of the day correcting people's English in my head. I'm a big fat nerd and I'm dang proud of it!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it about you too. Plus, I always want nerdy kids... I want children who LOVE to read, who get straight A's and who really appreciate a good library. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Well. I didn't get straight A's in high school or college. But this girl's a nerd and damn proud of it! :)
Post a Comment